Macramè Revival


If the art of macramè makes you shudder with flashbacks to overly crafty plant hangers or hippie chic gone awry, rest assured that there is currently a new fashion-forward twist on this ancient art of knotting and micro-webbing.

A group in Milan is organizing Macramè, a cultural project highlighting 'micro-creativity in fashion'. They are currently looking for independent (eco) fashion designers who are interested in showing their macramè-inspired designs at a fashion show in Milano in the end of November.

Visit the Macramè website for details on how to participate. (Do not worry. I will not be reviving the uber-sexy designs depicted in the vintage photos, above and below.)

Comments

Kate Moore said…
I don't know. I don't mind the top one. I found a great book of macrame patterns a couple of months back and have bookmarked a couple of projects. We'll see how I go.
Abigail Doan said…
I agree, the top design is rather hip. I can imagine that there are some pretty fabulous vintage pattern books and pamphlets out there. Good to know!

Thanks for reading ~ Abigail

Popular Posts